Routers play a very crucial role in giving a kick to our online life. Without using the Internet that too with high-speed connectivity one cannot take the full benefit of his online experience. Therefore, it is a must to have good quality routers that deliver the ultimate web surfing experience. Linksys router is one such router that can change your online experience completely.
Linksys Wi-Fi router can be used at working spaces as well as for connecting home devices. But, to get started with your Linksys router, you should know how to access Linksys router. For this purpose, you need to undergo a short procedure that begins by doing a Linksys router login. So without further ado, let us learn the method to access the router in a few simple steps.
But, before that, we will learn why is it important to access the router.
Why is it necessary to access the web interface of the Linksys router?
If a user wishes to configure the advanced level settings of the web interface of the router or wishes to install a Linksys router update, then he must access the router. On the configuration page, users can easily set up wireless security for their networks, check Linksys unsupported storage, forward ports as well as establish a manual connection on the router.
Pre-requisites to access Linksys router
Before you learn how to access Linksys router, there are certain things that need to be done.
- Use a hardwired connection for connecting your router and the computer.
- In case you are using a wireless device, then you must make sure that the Linksys Wi-Fi router is properly connected with the device.
- Also, do not forget to turn on the router.
- Make sure you remember the Linksys router login password or the admin password which is necessary for making any changes in the settings. In case you have forgotten it, then reset the password by completing some necessary steps.
Steps to access Linksys router
- First of all, you need to launch a web browser.
- In the search bar, you have to type ‘192.168.1.1’ and hit the ‘Enter’ key.
- After this, you need to enter the login credentials in the provided spaces.
- If you have never changed the password, then the default password is ‘admin’.
- Now, you will see the web interface of your Linksys router.
- In the end, you can customize the router’s settings accordingly.
Now, that you have learned how to access Linksys router, you can make the desired changes in your router’s web interface. The Method to access Linksys smart Wi-Fi router and Linksys Velop Whole Home Mesh Wi-Fi System may differ slightly. But, all in all, the procedure is quite the same. For further assistance, you can always get in touch with a support executive or go through the support/help section of the official website of Linksys. Here, you will also get the answers to your queries regarding the Linksys unsupported storage and so on.