Whenever you purchase a new router for connecting to the Internet, experts suggest you to change its default network settings. You need to do it as anybody can connect to a new router without having to enter the password. Similarly, Spectrum is not an exception. Thus, if you have recently bought a Spectrum router, it is important that you change its password so that nobody can connect to it.
There are three different methods to change the network ID as well as the password. And, we shall be discussing each of them separately. So, without making any delay, let us get into knowing the method of doing so.
Methods to change Spectrum Wi-Fi name and password
Method 1: on a Spectrum router
Before you begin, it is important to note down all the details such as router login, username, and password as you will need them in the future.
- Open a desirable web browser, such as Chrome or Safari.
- Then, enter the IP address of your router in the address bar at the top and press ‘Enter’.
- Next, you need to enter the name and password for your Spectrum router.
- After that, click on the ‘Login’ option.
- Now, you need to click on the ‘Advanced’ option.
- Further, select the 2.4GHz or 5GHz WiFi panel.
- Next up, click on the Basic tab and enter the network name in the SSID field.
- In the next field, you need to enter the Wi-Fi password.
- Re-type the password to confirm it.
- In the end, click on the ‘Apply’ option to save the settings.
Method 2: with your Spectrum online account
- In the search bar of your web browser type spectrum.net and press Enter.
- Enter the spectrum account credentials and click ‘Sign In’.
- Then, click on the ‘services’ option and select ‘Internet’.
- Here, select‘Manage Network’.
- Now, enter a new username and password in the available boxes.
- Finally, click on the ‘Save’ option and you are done.
Method 3: from My Spectrum App
- First, download and open the My Spectrum app on your smartphone.
- After this, agree to the terms and conditions of the app.
- Then, you need to enter your username and password and click Sign In.
- Further, tap on the ‘Services’ option.
- Next up, select ‘View & Edit Network Info’.
- Further, enter the desired password and network name.
- Finally, tap on the ‘Save’ option.
These were some of the methods to change Spectrum WiFi password. One of the given methods will definitely help you in reaching your goal. If not, then you may need expert guidance for the same. These steps are not only for changing the WiFi password but for changing the network name as well. So, you use these methods for both the purposes.