The need for changing the wifi password arises when you forget yourforget your password or it gets compromised. Also, if you have recently purchased your wifi router, then you should change the default password that is set on it. This is because, if you do not change the default password, there are chances that someone else will connect to it without your knowledge.
Therefore, in this post, we will learn some methods for changing Verizon wifi password. In case you do not find one effective, then you may switch to the next one. Before you begin, you should get your hands on the ip address of your router as you will need it during the password changing process.
Expert tip: make sure you follow the tips given in the prompt to create unique password. This ensures nobody can access your router without your knowledge. So, here is your guide on how to change Verizon wifi password.
Quick way to change Verizon wifi password
The step-by-step instructions for changing your wifi password are given below:
Method 1: using my verizon
- Those who are having Verizon Advanced router can log in to their Verizon account.
- After successfully logging in to your account, take your mouse on the ‘Services’ option.
- From the services section, select the ‘internet’ option.
- Then, select ‘My Network’.
- And then choose the network you wish to manage.
- Then, you will be prompted to enter your Verizon login credentials.
- After doing so, click on the ‘Save Changes’ option.
- If your wifi is not turned on, you will get a prompt to turn it on.
In case you are running on two networks i.e. 2.4 GHz or 5 GHz, then the network name and password for both networks are same.
Method 2: do it manually using your wifi router
This method is helpful for those who do not have access to My Verizon platform. Using it, you can change the name of your Verizon wifi as well as password:
- First of all, open your browser and enter 192.168.1.1 in your search bar.
- After that, you need sign in to your router using the old username and password.
- Here, enter ‘Admin’ in the router name field.
- Then, check the label of the router to find out the password.
- In case you have already changed some of its settings, then you may need to restore its setting back to the factory defaults.
- Further, you need to follow some on-screen instructions for how to change Verizon wifi password.
In today’s post, we learnt the process to change Verizon password using two different methods. Hopefully these methods were successful in competing the desired task.
You can easily change the network name which is also known as the SSID and the password (both WPA2/WEP key). Once you make the changes successfully, you need to apply the same credentials for further log in. Make sure to create a note of the same while choosing the name and password of your router for the future reference.