The Router not working issue will pop-up on the screen if you have provided the wrong IP address. There are most of the routers there is set Default IP address. It just depends on the router model that the IP address might vary. The incorrect credentials can create conflict with the IP address on the router. So, if you are unable to access the router then we will suggest you move to the next section. Here in this article, you will get to learn the ways to provide the possible ways to get rid of the fix Router not working issue. With the incorrect credentials, there is that can conflict with the IP address of the router. So, you can use the router after fixing the error just go through this article and resolve this error.
What are the possible methods to fix the “Router not working”?
In this section, we will give you the solutions to fix the “Router not working”. All you need to do is to apply the methods to fix the Router not working and then get logged in to the router. Here are the methods are given in the article:
- First of all, you need to check the essential factors that are available.
- Just disable the proxy server on the device.
- The third method is to clear the DNS cache
Point to remember: It is very essential to clear the DNS that helps the users to enhance network performance. So, we suggest clearing the DNS to get back the internet connection to the router. Hence, you can easily log in to the device once you have fixed the device. Just depending on the OS the cleating process might differ.
How to clear the DNS cache in Windows OS when Router not working?
- First of all, just tap on the “Start” option and then go to the “Search” box.
- Just tap on the “Run” option and tap on the “Enter” option and access the “Run” box.
- When you see the “Run” box on the screen just write “cmd” and tap on the “OK” option.
- Go to the “Command Prompt” window just write the “Flush DNS” command.
- In the end, just tap on the “Enter” option.
How to fix issues in Mac OS X?
- For this, just open the home screen and then go to the “Applications” section.
- Just tap on the option and select the option labeled as the “Utilities” option.
- Now, you have to tap on the “Terminal” option.
- From the option, you need to select the “Command prompt” option.
- When you see the Command Prompt pane on the screen you have to write the “flush DNS” option.
- Now, tap on the “Enter” option to run the command.
How to fix the “Router not working” issue on Google Chrome?
- First of all, open the Google Chrome browser and go to the address bar and write the information.
- You will see the list of the hosts in Chrome.
- Tap on the option labeled as “Clear host cache” option.
- Just go to the address bar and write the information “chrome://net-internals/#sockets”.
- You will see the “Close idle sockets” options on-screen.
- You need to tap on the “Flush socket pools” option to clear all the caches from the browser.
In a conclusive viewpoint: By now you will be easily able to access the Router login page by following the steps mentioned in the article. However, if you are still unable to do the same then we recommend you write the “192.168.1.1” and put the correct credentials for the Linksys router login. Remember, the next step is to move the “Maintenance” tab and then tap on the “Set password” option. After this, just write the recently added default password and tap on the “Apply” button to save the current password.