If you are planning to do to reset Netgear Extender than you should understand that a factory reset deletes all the personalized settings that include the important aspects of the account such as your user name, password, network name (SSID) and the security settings. You can opt for a factory reset when you are unable to recover your range extender’s admin password. In this article, you will get to learn the guidelines to reset the Netgear extender setup. So, without any delay let’s get started with the topic.
What are the steps to reset net gear extender setup wizard?
Here are the steps to reset Netgear extender setup via reset button:-
- Firstly, verify that your extender is on.
- Now, search for your extender’s Reset or Factory Reset button.
- Use the paper clip to press and hold the Factory reset button for seven seconds.
- Now, release the reset button.
- Your extender is on the reset process.
Reset Netgear extender setup using the web interface
To reset the Netgear extender login setup you can use the following steps:-
- Firstly, you need to login to your extender.
- After this, if you see a web browser displaying the “Menu” icon, click on it.
- Now, click on “Settings” followed by the “Other” option and then click on the “Reset” option.
- You will see a confirmation screen.
- Once you see this confirm your decision.
- The Netgear extender will reset.
How to perform a Netgear extender login process?
For this, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Firstly, you need to open a web browser from a mobile device that is connected to your extender’s network.
- If your extender and router use different WiFi network names, then you have to type the official URL in the address field of your website.
- If you have the same WiFi Network name for extender and router then type https://extender’s IP address> into the address field.
- After this, click on the “Enter” button.
- Enter your admin credentials and then click on the “Log in” option.
- You will see the “Status” page appearing on the screen.
- Click on the “Menu” icon and then click on the “Settings” option to view and adjust the extender’s settings.
How can you power-cycle a home network?
If you are having issues in the Netgear extender setup procedure, then performing a power-cycle can solve your entire problem. You just need to turn off all your network devices and then turn them back again after 5-7 minutes. Moreover, the power cycle can resolve other issues such as:-
- You will be eligible to access the internet on any device.
- The internet connection will be established soon on your Wi-Fi router.
- You can go online anytime you wish to.
- You can enjoy uninterrupted internet speed in every corner of your house.
How to get the Netgear extender setup password?
To find the password of Netgear extender setup wizard, you just need to follow the steps mentioned below:-
- Connect your computer to the range extender.
- Open your internet browser and visit www.mywifiext.net.
- After this, login to the account with user credentials.
- Click on the Settings and then Wireless.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions.
How to take a backup from the Netgear Extender Setup?
For backup and restore Netgear extender setup wizard, you just need to follow the steps mentioned here:-
- First, click and open the Netgear Genie setup page by accessing the web browser on the connected device.
- Now, type the default credentials, when prompted.
- After this, you have to click on the “Settings” option followed by the “Other” option.
- Once you see the “Other” page, click on the “Backup” button.
- Click on the “Save” option to save the settings of your range extender on your computer.
The article has discussed the procedures that are important to be considered for accessing the Netgear extender setup, if you have any confusion related to the steps mentioned then it is recommended to visit the official website of your Wi-fi router and get in touch with the Customer Support assistant.