Routers nowadays play a very crucial role in people’s life because everyone needs to use Internet services throughout the day. But having a router doesn’t mean you can enjoy high-speed Internet services wherever you go. Therefore, you need to use Range extenders for this purpose. If you are one of the users of Linksys routers, then you must do the Linksys extender setup to increase the range of your router. When you use an Extender with a router, then it gives you high-speed internet connectivity so that you can surf without any hassle.
The browser-based Linksys extender setup is easy as compared to the CD installation method or any other installed software. You may continue to read this article further if you wish to know the steps of Linksys extender setup re6300. For more information on it, you can visit the official website of Linksys. In this article, you will find the prerequisites to setup Linksys extender as well as the essential steps for doing the same. Users are suggested to follow these steps in the exact manner as they are mentioned here or on the official website.
Pre-requisites for Linksys extender setup
Before you start the setup process of Linksys extender setup, make sure you have the following:
- You should have an active Wi-Fi connection.
- There needs to be a Wi-Fi name (SSID) and a Wi-Fi password or security key near you.
- Type the Wi-Fi name and password exactly the same as you see it because these are case sensitive. For instructions on how to check your Wi-Fi settings, click here.
- Your router should be plugged into a power outlet.
- You should wait for a couple of minutes until the light is blinking orange.
Steps for Linksys extender setup re6300
- First of all, using a computer or a mobile device, connect your device to the range extender re6300’s default SSID.
- Now, you have to open a web browser, where you need to type then enter extender.linksys.com.
- You may also enter 192.168.1.1″ in the address bar.
- In this step, you need to click on the option of reading as a ‘Start setup’.
- Now, you will see that As a wireless range extender option is selected by default.
- Here, you need to click on the “Next” option.
- Now, select your Wi-Fi and enter the password in the given field and then tap ‘Next’.
- Once you get connected to the network, you will be prompted to set up an extended wireless network.
- Here, you need to change the settings as you prefer or leave the defaults as is, then click “Next”.
- Now, it’s time to create an admin password to secure your Linksys extender.
- You may also add a password hint in case you forget the password.
- Now, you have to register your product by entering a valid email address.
- Click on the Next option and you are done.
Now that you have learned the steps of Linksys extender setup re6300, you can now start using it for better internet connectivity and faster performance.