In the world of Inter of Things (IoT) routers are of utmost importance to us. They are an inseparable part of our lives because with the invention of the routers, connecting to the Internet has become quite easy. In just a few clicks, you can setup a router at your place and start surfing the web and seek whatever information you want to. In addition to this, routers are so compatible that they can be connected with other devices including firewalls, modems, and even switches. Establishing these connections is very important so as to build a high-tech network solution.
One of the best among many routers is Netgear. The wireless Netgear routers are a next-gen router which removes the hassle of connecting routers and computers with long cables or wires. Netgear wireless router setup is compatible enough to communicate with external networks with the help of DSL so that managing wireless traffic could become easy. To take benefit from this high-tech wireless router, you need to set it up at your place. Without further ado, let’s get started.
Steps for Netgear wireless router setup
To set up your Netgear wireless router using your wireless device, there are certain set of instructions that need to be followed:
- Primarily, you have to connect the “Ethernet” cable with the cable modem to the Internet port of your router.
- Secondly, enable the cable modem and wait for the lights to glow.
- In this step, you have to switch on the Netgear wireless router till the lights stabilize.
- Now, the descriptions of the wireless settings which are written at the back of your wireless device.
- In this step, you have to open the manager for configuring the Wi-Fi connection.
- Here, look for the entry for the SSID or Wi-Fi network name of your router.
- Next, you have to connect the SSID followed by the passcode.
- Open your Internet browser. Once the browser opens, the login page for the Netgear router will open automatically.
- In the provided space, you have to enter the default username and password.
- Enter the default username which is admin and the default password is password and click
- Follow the NETGEAR Genie to configure the device.
In case you come across any trouble while setting up your Netgear wireless router, then you may immediately dial Netgear router support number.
How do I change my router admin password?
A person never wants his Wi-Fi connection can be accessed by n number of people. In this situation, you can easily change or reset your Netgear router admin name as well password. To change the default Wi-Fi password or network name (SSID) of the Netgear router, go through the following steps:
- First of all, navigate to the Netgear router login setup of your device.
- Enter the router username and password for your Netgear wireless router. Enter “admin” in the password field and “Password” in the space provided for entering the password.
- When you are done with this, tap on the “OK” option.
- When the homepage displays, select “Wireless”.
- Now, you have to enter the new network name and password in the provided space.
- Once you are done, click on the “Apply” option to save the changes.
It is recommended that you restrict your wireless network from being used by unknown people as they may infect virus whenever they find any open or unrestricted network. You should also change the router password on regular time interval so as to protect it from unauthorized access. For more information regarding Netgear wireless router, contact Netgear customer support.