The computer uses the IP address for making the connection with the internet. This is the address that helps the users to identify a device on the network. This IP address is used to communicate with other devices. Remember, when you see the message on the screen saying wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error, then it is because the Ethernet connection is unable to receive the valid IP address from the dynamic host configuration protocol. This is a network protocol that enables the servers to assign an IP address to the computer for a specific network automatically. In this article, we will learn the essential steps to fix wi-fi that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error. So, let us start with the topic!
What can be the different causes behind wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error?
There are many reasons for which you need to wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. You just need to understand these causes are the wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. These are as follows:
- You need to reset the TCP/IP
- A third-party app is interfering with your connection
- You need a new IP address for your computer
- Just update the drivers or uninstall the drivers that could be interfering. There are incorrect network settings.
- Your antivirus software is preventing you from connecting to the Internet.
How to fix wifi doesn’t have valid IP configuration windows 10?
There are many solutions to fix the wifi doesn’t have a valid IP configuration error and these are as follows:
Solution 1: Restart the Modem/Router and the computer
- Go to the “Control Panel” tab.
- Set the view by small or large icons and go for the “Power” options.
- Tap on the “Choose what the power buttons” option.
- You have to tap on the “Change settings that are currently unavailable” option.
- Uncheck the box “ Turn on fast setup” and turn the feature off and tap on the “Save changes”
Solution 2: You need to configure the network adapter error
- Go to the “Run” tab and enter “ncpa.cpl” and tap on the “Ok” button.
- Right-click on the “Ethernet adapter settings and select the ‘Properties’.
- Look for the “Internet Protocol Version 4” and double-tap on it.
- Follow the essential steps and complete the process.
Solution 3: Resetting TCP/IP
- Type the “Command prompt” on the screen.
- Open the search bar and tap on the “Run as administrator” option.
- Once it asks for permission you have to tap on the “Ok” button.
- On the “Command Prompt” window you need to enter the “netsh Winsock reset” and “netsh int IP reset” option.
Solution 4: Clear the network cache for using a valid IP configuration
- Type in “Command Prompt” on the search bar on the screen.
- Go to the “Search” bar and tap on the “Run as Administrator” to open the “Command Prompt” window.
- Select the “Run as Administrator” option and tap on the “OK” option.
- Enter the following commands: ipconfig /release, ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /renew.
Reinstall the Network Adapter driver to fix no valid IP configuration error
- Type the “Device Manager” on the search bar and press on the “Run” tab.
- On the “Run” tab, you have to type on the “hdwwiz.cpl and tap on the “OK” option.
- You will now see the “Device manager and you will see the list of the devices that are connected with the computer.
- Search for the “Network adapters” and expand it.
- Right-click on the device and select the “Uninstall device” option.
- You will get the confirmation dialog box and tap on the “Uninstall” option.
- Check the “Delete the driver software for this device” box if you see it.
- Now, restart the PC and check if the wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration issue still persists.
In a conclusive viewpoint:
We hope that these fixing solutions will help you to deal with wifi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration error. If the error still persists then contact the Internet service provider and check with them if there is any issue on their respective ends. You can also visit the official website and get assistance with professional guidance and instructions to deal with the wifi that doesn’t have a valid IP configuration issue.